Certified Strength & Conditioning
Dave Zanet is a fantastic and very thorough practitioner. Strongly recommend him to any runner’s or multi-sport athletes.
What is strength & conditioning?
Strength and Conditioning is the development of proper movement mechanics, muscle mass, and agility with the goal of improving overall health and meeting individualized fitness goals. Whether you train with the goal of preventing osteoporosis or standing on an Olympic Podium, the OHG services have a program to help you get there. Our program is unique in that every client in the gym is working on a specialized and individualized program, under the constant supervision of our Strength and Conditioning coaches. Our state-of-the-art equipment, paired with an emphasis on perfecting the basics and preventing injury, creates an environment suited for all ages and stages of fitness. Contact the Ottawa Health Group today!
Who should train?
Strength and Conditioning is an important component to health and wellness, whether for a high-performance athlete or for individuals looking to promote everyday strength and fitness!
You may consider a Strength & Conditioning program if:
- You want to get healthier and build a routine that can promote more energy, strength, and agility in daily life
- You are currently receiving treatment from a chiropractor or physiotherapist, and want to make the most of your individualized exercise program
- You are an athlete looking to improve your performance, strength, and mobility
- You have tried strength training independently at your local gym, but feel uncomfortable and worry you’re not doing things right
- You want to incorporate weight training into your routine to prevent bone-mass loss later in life
- You have clear fitness-related goals, and want a personalized instruction plan and one-on-one support to help you get there
- You are suffering from osteoarthritis, and are ready to begin an evidence-based exercise program to relieve pain and increase mobility
- You are an athlete with high-performance, competitive goals
- You’re on a sports team that would benefit from additional dry-land training programming
- You want to stay fit for life
Unsure if you’re a good candidate for our strength & conditioning programs? Contact the Ottawa Health Group to discuss your goals further!